These are one of my favorite dinners! They take a bit of prep time but are a fun meal for the family or to make an impression.
For 1 serving you will need:
1 large bell pepper
4oz lean ground turkey
1 garlic clove
1/4c fresh pineapple
2tbs low sodium chicken broth
Pinch of unprocessed sea salt (if desired)
Pinch of black pepper (if desired)
- Cut of the top of pepper and clean out seeds.
- In a large saucepan over med-high heat, cook the peppers in boiling water until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from water and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process, drain & set aside.
- Dice onion, tomato and pineapple and cook in a large non-stick frying pan. In a separate pan cook ground turkey. Once cooked add turkey to vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Brush outside of peppers with olive oil and stuff with meat and veggie mix. Place on cooking sheet standing upright. If peppers do not stand upright trip off some of the bottom.
- Place back in oven at 350 degrees for 20 min or until pepper begins to crisp.
- If desired serve with a tablespoon of plane Greek yogurt
For men, 1 1/2 – 2 stuffed peppers will act as one serving.