Going for a long bike ride or run? Bonking is always a big concern. Add these protein balls to your on road snack to keep your energy and your protein up!
Ingredients (makes 4 – 5 balls):
- 1 scoop vanilla whey isolate protein powder
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 3 tbsp ground flax seed
- ½ cup almond or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut or almond oil
- ¼ cup agave nectar or honey
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract or ground vanilla bean powder
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients in medium-sized bowl.
- Add a tablespoon or two of water if dough is too dry.
- Form into balls.
- Put in freezer and allow them to harden for a half hour. They can be stored in fridge or freezer.