Every once and a while I’ll stretch beyond my own database of recipes to find new and exciting “FAT Approved” meals. Here is a list of dinners that have my stamp of approval! Yum!
**Please note that if weight loss is your goal, have an extra serving of veg and skip the grain**
- Quinoa-Crusted Fish with Plum Chutney
You’ll adore this crispy fish, lightly coated in gorgeous red quinoa and kissed with plum chutney.
- Sesame-Crusted Scallops with Green Onion Sauce
A white-and-black duo of sesame seeds provide a dramatic color contrast, not to mention added flavor and crunch, to these Asian-inspired scallops.
- Stuffed Acorn Squash with Turkey Sausage
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives host Guy Fieri shares one of the reasons he loves squash: a Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe filled with homemade turkey sausage!
- Cuban Halibut with Black Bean & Orange Quinoa
Thanks to ample citrus in the marinade and the quinoa base, this Cuban-inspired dish is enticingly aromatic and full of flavor. Plus, you won’t have to wait long to tuck in! It’s ready in just 35 minutes.
- Sesame-Seared Tuna
Enjoy a taste of the sweet life with Cooking Channel host David Rocco’s simply delicious recipe, so easy to make you’ll hardly believe how delightfully flavorful the final product turns out!
- Greek-Style Grilled Fish with Cucumber Mint Yogurt
Grilled oregano-kissed cod fillets are paired with a classic tzatziki sauce for a fresh and tasty meal with just 134 calories per serving. Serve fish on a bed of greens if you have some on hand.
- Orange Chicken Stir-Fry with Crispy Garlic Dressing
The humble chickpea steals the show in this stellar chicken stir-fry. Give your ‘peas a crispy, spicy coating in your skillet then sprinkle them liberally over your finished dish for a fiery contrast to this fresh meal.
- Creamy Lemon Chicken with Potatoes & Artichokes
Greek yogurt stands in for heavy cream to give this dish a rich and velvety texture. With a side of potatoes, artichokes and sweet bell pepper that’s cooked along with the chicken, this dish will quickly become a family favorite in your home.
- Chile Lime Pork Tacos with Papaya Avocado Salsa **Use whole wheat tortillas**The classic mingling of chile and lime in these juicy pork tacos is sure to draw your family to the table tonight! If you can’t find tomatillos for the salsa, substitute with vine-ripened tomatoes.
- Eggs Poached in Spicy Tomato Sauce
Inspired by the Middle Eastern dish shakshuka this comforting vegetarian entrée is perfect for any meal of the day. Serve with Silverhills bread for dipping.