Yummy, carrot cake protein balls. These are a great dessert and an awesome pre workout snack. Throw them in your jersey pouch and you have an amazing energy snack on rides.
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 10 dates
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger (finely minced)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 serving Vanilla whey isolate protein powder
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Extra water as needed
- Coconut for rolling
- Mix all ingredients in food processor making sure that dates and walnuts are chopped up well. If mixture is too dry, keep adding one tablespoon of water until mixture is uniform and slightly sticky. If mixture gets too wet, add more cinnamon and coconut.
- Form into balls.
- Roll each ball in coconut to evenly coat.
- Arrange balls on plate and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Store in freezer.